This has been quite a year, hasn’t it? Between the pandemic and all that been created because of it, the social unrest and political challenges in the U.S., and other global impacts of uncertainty, so many are ready to put 2020 behind them.
December is usually the time in the year when most people think about what the upcoming year will look like. This year is no different. In fact, I keep hearing people saying things like, “This is going to be a long dark winter.” Well, that is one mindset. What is a different mindset?
What mindset would you like to bring into your reality for the remainder of this year and into 2021?
Prior to diving headlong into 2021, I invite you to take a few minutes to reflect on 2020.
Find 30-45 minutes of quiet time where you can reflect on the following questions for 2020:
- What did I learn/notice during this past year (about myself, my family, friends, community, and the world) that I haven’t noticed before)?
- What would I like to do with what I learned/noticed?
- What did I accomplish?
- What am I most proud of?
- What would I like to be acknowledged for?
- What was my greatest challenge?
- What got in the way of my success?
- How am I different today than a year ago at this time?
- How have I grown?
- Who should I acknowledge for their contribution(s) in my life this year?
- What do I want now?
Once you’ve completed this part, then move into 2021:
- What do I want in 2021?
- What intentions/goals do I need to set to get what I want in 2021?
- Who do I need to be to realize my intentions/goals?
- Who can help me achieve my intentions/goals?
- What requests do I need to make?
- What boundaries do I need to set?
- What daily practices will I put in place to stay on track with my intentions?
The insights you will gain by asking yourself these and other related questions will allow you to mindfully consider areas of growth, setbacks and will provide you flexibility and grace when some of last year’s intentions haven’t been met. This process will also help clear the pathway toward intentionally identifying what is next for you, your life, your career, and your business.
Wishing you new perspectives, creativity, and growth through this experience and success in 2021!
If you would like to walk through your reflections with someone or if are curious about how a coach can help you gain what you would like in 2021, contact me for a free 60-minute session.